“If you are interested in computers and enjoy being creative, this job could be ideal for you.”
Web designers use their creativity and technical skills to build or redesign websites. They need to be able to picture how a site will look and also understand how it will work.
As a web designer, you could work on any kind of website, from an interactive education site to one offering online shopping. Depending on the project, you could also be asked to manage your client's website once it is up and running.
- creativity and imagination
- specialist software and coding knowledge
- technical knowledge - sound, animation and video
- the ability to work to a brief
- the ability to work to a deadline
- business awareness
- improved English, maths and IT skills
- over 80% of culture, media and sports occupations will require qualifications at level 3 or above by 2020
- arts and entertainment jobs are expected to expand by 37% across the South West by 2020
- 199,000 new jobs will be created nationally by 2020 in the arts and entertainment sector - a 23% increase on 2010 job totals. 1,055,000 in total
- 99% of Art, Media and Design students moved forward into a positive destination, including employment, apprenticeships and further study
*The information you share with us will allow the Helpzone Team to find the right course of study for you. They will be in touch shortly to offer free advice and guidance, working with you to get you where you want to be.