“If you love computer games and enjoy using your imagination, this could be ideal for you.”
Computer games developers produce games for PCs and games consoles. They also produce games for the Internet and mobile phones. The work could involve making new games or updating existing titles.
Most computer games developers have a qualification. However employers may be more interested in your software skills and experience.
To become a computer games developer, you will need to have creativity and imagination. You'll also need to be able to work under pressure.
- multimedia design
- maths and physics
- project and time management
- over 80% of culture, media and sports occupations will require qualifications at level 3 or above by 2020
- arts and entertainment jobs are expected to expand by 37% across the South West by 2020
- 199,000 new jobs will be created nationally by 2020 in the arts and entertainment sector - a 23% increase on 2010 job totals. 1,055,000 in total
- 99% of Art, Media and Design students moved forward into a positive destination, including employment, apprenticeships and further study
*The information you share with us will allow the Helpzone Team to find the right course of study for you. They will be in touch shortly to offer free advice and guidance, working with you to get you where you want to be.