“If you enjoy practical things, this could be the career for you.”
Working with the electrical infrastructure, electricians specialise in the installation of new power systems and technologies or work on the up-keep and maintenance of existing installations. They often work in people's homes or on business premises.
To qualify as an electrician you will need to have industry-recognised training and qualifications.
As an electrician you will need to be organised and pay close attention to detail. You will also need a full understanding of safety rules and regulations.
- practical skills
- electrical wiring and electrical circuit installation
- fault diagnostics
- engineering mathematics
- ability to analyse your own work
- ability to work to a deadline
- Almost 55% of skilled metal, electrical and electronic roles will require qualifications at level 3 or above by 2020
- 100% of Electrical Installation students moved forward into a positive destination, including employment, apprenticeships and further study
*The information you share with us will allow the Helpzone Team to find the right course of study for you. They will be in touch shortly to offer free advice and guidance, working with you to get you where you want to be.