“If you love sports and want to help people perform at their highest level, this could be just what you're looking for.”
Sports coaches teach sports skills to individuals and teams of all sporting abilities. They teach beginners to top international professionals. They help people to reach their full potential and take part safely in their chosen sport.
To become a sports coach, you will need to have a coaching qualification that is recognised by the governing body for your sport.
A sports coach needs to inspire confidence. They need to motivate their students. You will also need determination and patience. Having a sensitive and supportive approach is also important.
- planning training programmes
- giving feedback on performance
- monitoring the physical condition and mental attitude of those taking part
- enthusiasm and motivational skills
- communication and people skills
- over 80% of culture, media and sports occupations will require qualifications at level 3 or above by 2020
- 99% of Sport and Adventure students moved forward into a positive destination including employment, apprenticeships and further study
*The information you share with us will allow the Helpzone Team to find the right course of study for you. They will be in touch shortly to offer free advice and guidance, working with you to get you where you want to be.